Saturday, March 15, 2008

Good bye Rancho, Hello Iowa


Well, after pleas for me to update my blog site so you all no longer have to see my ugly feet every time you log in, I've decided to finally make time to do it.

So much to say...life has been busy but wonderful this last month. I traveled to Mexico for the NPH International Board Meeting in Feb, where we had medical team meetings all week long. Lots of developing goals for us this year, and trying to figure out how we can achieve them. Also spent a fair amount of time planning our NPH international medical workshop, which will take place in El Salvador in April.

A week after returning from Mexico, I took one of our kids to Guatemala for a medical consult in the city. It was fun getting to take him to see another NPH home (we stayed in the clinic at NPH Guatemala). We were in Guatemala city 2 days, once for his consult, and then another time we went in with some kids from their home that go in weekly for a photography workshop. We also spent a day in Antigua. The week got to be a little long by the end...I've never spend every waking moment with a 13 yr old boy before. Wow, that can be draining!! But we loved it, and hope to be able to go again sometime to visit our family at NPH Guate. (photo above is of some friends we made at the home in guatemala)

This past week and a half, the new executive director of medical services for NPHI, aka my boss, has been here in Honduras, meeting the people and visiting our clinics. It was great having her here before I left...we were constantly on the go (between working with her, and taking care of my last minute things in the clinic) which was draining, but man we got a lot of work done!


Last weekend we had my going away party with kids I've been working with this year. Love them all to pieces.

So, now, it's time to pack My flight leaves Teguc at 5:20pm tomorrow, March 16th. I will only be home until April 1st, when I come back to Honduras for a week or so, with the brigade doctors to go to Olanchito to do some planning for the brigade in June. I then will be in El Salvador for a little over a month. Will be back state side in late May (but tine, don't worry...i'll be back in plenty of time for your party!!!).

K, gotta run.
love to all!
can't wait to see you all.
annie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Si!! No mas pies feo!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, by the way, that was Chauncy :)

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.