Tuesday, January 15, 2008

my ugly famous feet


In the beginning of december, a few of us volunteers took off to the beach with several young adults (13 years - 17 years), as part of a photo project. We went with the goal of taking some great photos of the gaurifuna villages, and the life on the beach, to put into a photo exhibition that was planned for January, in the national art gallery in Tegucigalpa.

So, one of the kids was taking photos of my feet as i was walking along the coast (we all know how excited i am about feet...so it was painful for me to let him do it, but you know, i'd do anything for him...).

I show up at the art exhibition, and look across the hallway...and there you have it. A massive photo of my feet. Embarrassing to have my ugly feet on display in the national art gallery? yes.

Several days later, we were reading the national newspaper of honduras, and there they are again!! I mean, seriously, out of all the beautiful photos the kids took, they choose that photo to put in the paper? A beautiful article, just minus the photo. (see above) that's also me (the larger of them all) walking along the beach, on the right side of the article.

A couple days later, I get an email leading me to the following website.

http://www.heraldohn.com/nota.php?nid=91735&sec=8&fecha=2008-01-12

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:) lol!!!