Sunday, June 29, 2008

Off to Honduras and El Salvador

The time has come for me to take off for Central America again. I leave tomorrow morning, and will be in Honduras for two months, and El Salvador for another month. At this point, my plans are to return home mid-October.

I have an incredible amount of work ahead of me, as I try to assist the clinics in the implementation of the NPHI Health Policy. This includes working on updating all of the vaccinations for all of the children, collecting data on growth of the children to do nutritional/health assessments, and working on other organizational tasks, and some public health issues. In Honduras I'll be working extensively with the nurse that took over the health management for the HIV positive children, as we try to strengthen the support groups, and make them more sustainable.

So, please do keep in touch. I'll do my best to respond to all emails. My cell number while down there is (if calling from the States) 011.504.33.18.88.73. This number will work until the beginning of September, which is when I leave for El Salvador. I'll have to get a new phone that will work once I am there. Feel free to call any time! I'd love to hear from you.

Peace - Annie

No comments: